Wednesday, August 9, 2017

To pill or not to pill?

Note to myself: Take the Xanax when this damn narrative starts. Before you're a sobbing wreck. When the thoughts come, it's time.




The Xanax was prescribed to help.

What if I'm taking too much and abusing them?

You are only taking two a day, the Rx was for three+ a day.

But the Rx doesn't have enough pills for three+ a day. It's a test! You are going to fail and she will refuse to help you!

It's not a test. If I run out I'm sure she'll write another Rx for the remaining 15 or so pills.

But what if she won't because you've become a Xanax addict? What if you don't really need them. You're just taking them because it feels good?

Two a day does not an addict make. Are you high right now?

No. But what if I can't function without the two a day?

Then you take the two a day because they are helping you.

What if she decides I'm doing better and don't need the Xanax anymore and I bottom out again?

Doubtful. But if that happens talk to her. I'm sure she'll help you.

I feel myself slowing down. What am I without the constant fear?

Alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1,000 Lives.

  1,000 Lives I've always thought that by bouncing around in life, doing things for a season (not a literal season,  but for a period of...