Monday, November 20, 2017

Trauma

"Anxiety is the cousin visiting from out of town, depression felt obligated to bring to the party. Mom, I am the party...

...Sure, I make plans! I make plans, but I don't want to go. I make plans because I know I should want to go. I know sometimes I would have wanted to go. It's just not that much fun, having fun, when you don't want to have fun, mom..."




~Sabrina Benaim
Explaining Depression to my mother From her book Depression & other magic tricks


10-26-17

What is trauma like?

Trauma is like a tumor on your soul.

You must get it treated to get it out.

Writing, therapy, art, talking it out.

You have to find a way to get it out of your body.

See, like a tumor, left untreated, it will metastasize.

It will spread to your family, your friends, loved ones, children.

It will infect everyone you come into contact with.

You are patient zero. You spread the infection. But you can stop it.

Get it out of you. Find what helps you heal.

Release it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1,000 Lives.

  1,000 Lives I've always thought that by bouncing around in life, doing things for a season (not a literal season,  but for a period of...