Friday, November 17, 2017

Maybe

10-25-17

I tell you this meme is problematic. And you reply with little more than what might as well be, "maybe."

Maybe this is pseudoscience and it could get someone killed.

Maybe I'm tired of living as nothing more than an advocate for my illnesses. My meds. My kids. My gender. My sexuality. My humanity.

You see maybe I don't have the constitution to raise up the revolution or your evolution.

Maybe it's time for me to surround myself with a different kind of people.

Maybe they won't be obtuse or stuck in the quicksand, knee deep, settled in for keeping life like the "old days." Sticking to the old ways.

Maybe I can open their eyes to a better way of thinking and in return they'll open my mind in new ways.

Maybe I finally think I deserve better.

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1,000 Lives.

  1,000 Lives I've always thought that by bouncing around in life, doing things for a season (not a literal season,  but for a period of...